When is everyone applying this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denny55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a census of when everyone is applying to podiatry school this year. Also how many schools will you be applying to as well. I think I will have my applications sent out the first week of September, but would like to see when everyone else is submitting. Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying as soon as I get my MCAT scores. I'm taking it in September. I'm applying to NYCPM (because it's closest to home, Temple and maybe Ohio, though I'm not thrilled with the fact that their clinical training is not on site.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
By the end of the week! I'm taking the MCAT in January so I hope to have a few conditional acceptances by then! :luck:

I'll be applying as soon as I get my MCAT scores. I'm taking it in September. I'm applying to NYCPM (because it's closest to home, Temple and maybe Ohio, though I'm not thrilled with the fact that their clinical training is not on site.

I would apply anyway. The clinical sites aren't too far away (20 minutes from the school-but only because there isn't a good way to get there) and you could always carpool since most students live in the same apartment complex.

Well, I have seen both the old and new facilities at OCPM (the old building and clinic were a 2 minute walk from one another). The old place was a dump and the new one is quite nice. I think they knocked down the building and turned it into Case Western Hospital parking but I may be wrong. Anywho, I would much rather be in the new location and have to travel a little for clinic. In the end, you are going to have to travel to clinic/hospitals with all 9 schools, as they have more than 1 training site.

Well, I have seen both the old and new facilities at OCPM (the old building and clinic were a 2 minute walk from one another). The old place was a dump and the new one is quite nice. I think they knocked down the building and turned it into Case Western Hospital parking but I may be wrong. Anywho, I would much rather be in the new location and have to travel a little for clinic. In the end, you are going to have to travel to clinic/hospitals with all 9 schools, as they have more than 1 training site.

Cleveland Clinic paid 20 million for that dump :laugh:

As for me, my Western University application has been sent as of last thursday and then the rest of the 8 schools will be submitted by the end of this week! wOohOoo so excited. I am curious as to how fast they'll get back to us about interviews, or even when they start interviews?!?! anyone know...

As for me, my Western University application has been sent as of last thursday and then the rest of the 8 schools will be submitted by the end of this week! wOohOoo so excited. I am curious as to how fast they'll get back to us about interviews, or even when they start interviews?!?! anyone know...

I turned in my application in the first day it opened, during my cycle. I was called the next day by a school and had all my interviews lined up within 2 weeks.

It'll go by quickly. So will the travel money. :D

I know everyone is shooting for September as their month to apply, but have you heard of accepted students who've applied AFTER that? Like Oct-July?
It's hard to believe that all pre-pod students will apply within the next few weeks...I just haven't heard of many current pod students who didn't apply in September, but then again, this forum probably doesn't encompass all current pod students. Just wondering...

I know everyone is shooting for September as their month to apply, but have you heard of accepted students who've applied AFTER that? Like Oct-July?
It's hard to believe that all pre-pod students will apply within the next few weeks...I just haven't heard of many current pod students who didn't apply in September, but then again, this forum probably doesn't encompass all current pod students. Just wondering...

There are lots of students who are accepted later in the year. Competitive schools fill faster, but they won't all be full September 27. :)

Money is better the earlier you apply.

thanks! One more question, though. I'm not sure how the letters of recommendations go. When are we supposed to send them out? I know for Med schools, lors are usually sent out during secondaries. Is it the same for pod schools?