When is it time to make the call????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachywahoo05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an August MCATer, and I haven't heard from many of my schools. I really want to know what my status is with these people, but I'm not even sure if i have given them enough time to make any sort of decision, or even if they could tell me anything over the phone. Is it worth it to call them now, or should i just continue trying my hardest to be patient while i obsessively check my mail box :scared: ?? Thanks guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would call them if I don't hear anything from them 2 months after the date of completion ... not sure if my judgement is correct though ... but I think it's worth a call ... who knows what will happen when you call ...

I am still waiting (except I'm an AprilMCATer) .... I called them several times already =)

When you called, do they actually tell you whether you were rejected/on hold, etc. or do they just let you know whether you are complete. i am wondering b/c i am an august MCAT'er and haven't heard from quite a few schools and wanted to write update letters. but if i am already rejected, then what's the point in wasting time?

Also, remember that as an august mcat'er, even if we submitted our stuff early, our mcat scores don't come in until mid-october. thus, i was notified that i was complete at most schools around nov 1. it is dec 12, so that means it's been less than 6 weeks. i wouldn't start to worry just yet.