When is it TOO soon to submit PTCAS.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PREMEDWOAHS

dare to dream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am missing, 2 LOR (I currently have one from a professor) and they have not yet received my transcripts (currently being processed).

Should I submit??!!!

My earliest deadline is in March.
 
I would submit by the end of Feb. No real rush if the earliest deadline isnt till March. Make sure you check everything 8 times.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you submit and then they calculate your GPA. Regardless of when they receive your transcripts.
 
Submit your PTCAS application as soon it's done and don't wait until the March deadline. Once you submit it, the PT program can contact you directly about your file and send you any updates. If you wait until the deadline, it may take PTCAS longer to process your file because so many wait until the deadline to apply. The PT program may also review files in the order that they're submitted. It's always a good idea to apply earlier, rather than later, even if your transcripts are not ready yet.
 
I don't think that it is every "TOO soon." There is no harm in submitting early. No, they will not calculate GPAs without your transcript, but ideally, you should have everything on your end finished and waiting when your transcript gets there.

So if you have submitted yet, I'd advise doing that ASAP.
 
Definitely submit it ASAP; at the very least, they can process everything else before getting your transcripts and recommendations. However, try to get them in as soon as possible mainly because schools love completed applications. But this isn't like a paper app for undergrad where they won't accept your application because it isn't complete. I do know that if you're applying to a non-PTCAS school (like NYU), that all the forms need to be in one envelope and completed together.
 
Actually, PTCAS won't calculate your GPAs until all of your transcripts are submitted.
I know. But someone before me implied that once they receive your transcripts they will calculate your GPA's. Thats wrong. They will not do anything with your GPA's until you e-submit.