1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

when is latest date to take MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by gooloogooloo, Oct 23, 2002.

1. gooloogooloo

gooloogooloo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

when is the last day to take your MCAT to apply for MD school?

when is the last day to take your MCAT to apply for DO school?

(provided that one never takes MCAT before.)

For example, I am applying in the summer of 2003, do I have to take my april MCAT? Or I can wait til the summer one?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You can take either one but i think taking the April MCAT will give you a better chance of getting in if you are a competitive applicant.....i say this because if you take the August MCAT the schools will have to see those scores before they start to consider you and by that time a lot of people are already interviewing and some are even accepted. If you take the April one you can also retake it in August if you do poorly.

4. gooloogooloo

7+ Year Member

is this true for both school? I thought DO schools do theirs later. I can take in April, but I am afriad that I won't do it well since I am taking so many classes.

5. Yes, it is true for both schools. You should take April only if you feel that you can practice for MCAT while taking taking classes at your university in spring semester. If you feel that you cannot give your 100% in spring semester, then don't take the April one and study for the August one, but don't take any summer classes, otherwise it will hinder in your preparation.

6. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

The worst thing about taking the August MCAT is that you won't be able to retake if you score poorly (so if you do end up performing poorly then you will have to wait another year to apply).

7. gooloogooloo

7+ Year Member

does taking MCAT in Aug reduce my chance of getting into med school? how long does that take for the score to be reported to the school? Do I have to start my application process before my score comes out? How many weeks will my score arrive later than regular applicant? Thank you very much.