When is the best time to take DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roxana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I'm applying for this cycle 2010 and I was wondering when is a good time to take the DAT. is I can study for 3 months and take it in April and take the second one in Jul or I can study 4 months and take the exam just one time in May .What do you guys suggest ?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking it for the first time in June for the 2010 cycle. You should only plan on taking it ONCE. If you have the mentality that you aren't gonna do well on the first one than you won't. Either take it in April if you're ready, if you're not than keep on studying and take it in May.

Yeah, you definately do not want to take the test twice, especially if you can avoid it. I took mine the first week of June and that was plenty early in terms of having my application in early. If you feel you are ready and want to take it in April or May sometime than that works as well.

quote=smurf528;7543934]I'm taking it for the first time in June for the 2010 cycle. You should only plan on taking it ONCE. If you have the mentality that you aren't gonna do well on the first one than you won't. Either take it in April if you're ready, if you're not than keep on studying and take it in May.[/quote]

Members don't see this ad :)
Related question...if I want to be in the first round of interviews, and I submit AADSAS as soon as possible, when is the latest I could take the DAT (I know earlier is better, but its a busybusy semester and I am hoping to get most studying done after spring classes end) and still get all my stuff out to schools at approximately the same time?

Thanks!

i recommend march that way incase u do bad u can take it in june...that will give u an opportunity to apply early still to have a better shot at gettin in

Well I am planning on going along the lines of the advice of others with the mentality of "I am preparing for this test like it is the only time I will take it"....so to sort of rephrase my question, when is the latest (preferably after classes end late April) I can take the DAT and have my scores arrive at schools around the same time my apps do (assuming I submit as soon as possible)...?

When your are ready.

When your are ready.

Exactly.

I took mine at the end of June and received interview invites in July. I submitted the AADSAS application at the end of May.

Those, to me, are fairly good/competitive deadlines.

Well I am planning on going along the lines of the advice of others with the mentality of "I am preparing for this test like it is the only time I will take it"....so to sort of rephrase my question, when is the latest (preferably after classes end late April) I can take the DAT and have my scores arrive at schools around the same time my apps do (assuming I submit as soon as possible)...?

i'd say if you submit aadsas on may 15th or that week...you could prob take the DAT in mid-June and be in the very first batch or so

but then you run the risk of doing poorly and having to retake in september which would be bad news bears.