1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

when is the best time to take the DAT?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by s0chon02, Jul 17, 2006.

1. s0chon02

s0chon02 Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi all,

I'm a Bio major junior, and will be applying in may or june of next year.
    I was wondering when would be the best time to take the DAT.
    I've heard that right after you complete all your org chems is a good time to take it, and etc. I finished my DAT application a while ago, but am afraid to send it out, because i'm not ready at all. What are some good ways to prepare for the test?
    Thanks guys, and best luck to you all!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mlle

mlle Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    what? you finished the app but are applying next year? So why complete this cycles application?

you heard right. The best time to take it is when you feel ready and have taken the classes involved like bio and ochem.

4. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'd recommend trying to take it before June.

If you are a procrastinator like me, set a goal to take it in March, so that if you have to push it back for more studying you will still take it by June 1st.

I am waiting until late July and it sucks because others are already getting interviews while my application is still incomplete.

The most important thing of all is to take it when you are ready. If I had taken it last month, my AA score would be at least a full 2 points lower. Two points is worth waiting a month on, IMO.