When is the best time to take the MCAT and when should we register?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

The best time is when your prepared....time of year is up to you and when you want to apply...obviously the earlier the better but everyone's circumstances are dif. The MCAT clowns say the sooner the better as the seats can fill up 2 months in advance...

The best time is when your prepared....time of year is up to you and when you want to apply...obviously the earlier the better but everyone's circumstances are dif. The MCAT clowns say the sooner the better as the seats can fill up 2 months in advance...

So if I want to apply by June 1st (which I think is the first day to send in the app's) when should I take the mcat? and when should I register for it

So if I want to apply by June 1st (which I think is the first day to send in the app's) when should I take the mcat? and when should I register for it
If poss take early in the spring say..feb-march Get your scores back 30 days later march-april respectively. if you bomb or feel like you bombed you have march or april to take it again and get your scores back bf june 1st...but dont plan on failing...step up to the plate and punch it in the nose!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
o yeah... register no less than 45 days bf the test---thats just me though

I registered exactly 2 months before the test and I had to refresh constantly for a SINGLE seat to open up in the tristate area.

REGISTER EARLY! It was so stressful thinking I wouldn't be able to register.