When is the latest to take the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Singerpremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the 2nd AAMC practice exam. I got a 503. My exam is scheduled for June 1st (10 days). I don't have a high GPA to counter a lower MCAT score. I don't know if and how I would be able to bring my score up by my scheduled test time. So now I'm thinking of just taking the exam and voiding. Anyways, I wanted to know opinions on when/how late I could retake the exam and not be at the bottom of the applications stack....Thanks for all your help. :(:(:(:(

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the 2nd AAMC practice exam. I got a 503. My exam is scheduled for June 1st (10 days). I don't have a high GPA to counter a lower MCAT score. I don't know if and how I would be able to bring my score up by my scheduled test time. So now I'm thinking of just taking the exam and voiding. Anyways, I wanted to know opinions on when/how late I could retake the exam and not be at the bottom of the applications stack....Thanks for all your help. :(:(:(:(

What's your GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
A 503 with those GPA stats is not a bad place to be for DO schools. You should get a decent number of interviews.
Maybe. I just don't feel confident with this. I don't expect to do as good on test day. I am getting better it just has been slower due to classes etc. Thank you for your help.

August for MD Sept/Oct for DO
As someone who is retaking the MCAT in late July (Possibly Aug) and starting a post bacc program at a medical school this August, would you recommend waiting to apply to schools through AMCAS/AACOMAS now or after the new MCAT score comes in?

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who is retaking the MCAT in late July (Possibly Aug) and starting a post bacc program at a medical school this August, would you recommend waiting to apply to schools through AMCAS/AACOMAS now or after the new MCAT score comes in?
I would like to know this too! And should I send my transcripts or wait till after aug for summer grades if I'm taking the mcat july 22nd?