When is the next wave of rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doggo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like during the first half of December there was a wave of rejections from a lot of schools. When will the next one be?

Members don't see this ad.

It's going to vary from school to school...I would guess that the third/fourth week of January after the next round of admissions meetings, as they generally break for the holidays.

Really anybody's guess though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Today for me, apparently

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 5.14.14 PM.png

Reactions: 13 users
I made an excel sheet of all the schools I applied to including completed secondary dates, actual completion dates, and response dates. Since the end of October, I have been receiving at least one rejection per week. Sometimes it would be two weeks because of holidays. The pattern resumed as I received a rejection first week of January and just now another one.

Rejections are always happening, but why does it matter when it gets sent out? Even if you have inside scoop and know when you will be rejected, doesn't change the fact that you've been rejected.... Go out and relax. Have some fun and grab a beer because the cycle isn't going to end for another couple of months.

Reactions: 1 users
I made an excel sheet of all the schools I applied to including completed secondary dates, actual completion dates, and response dates. Since the end of October, I have been receiving at least one rejection per week. Sometimes it would be two weeks because of holidays. The pattern resumed as I received a rejection first week of January and just now another one.

Rejections are always happening, but why does it matter when it gets sent out? Even if you have inside scoop and know when you will be rejected, doesn't change the fact that you've been rejected.... Go out and relax. Have some fun and grab a beer because the cycle isn't going to end for another couple of months.
Yeah I made a google sheet of that stuff and it seems like most of my schools are gonna wrap up interviews by the end of next month so I figured once that happened they'd reject everyone else.