When is "too late" to submit AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDwayneJohnson

Maester of the Citadel in training
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Turns out moving across the country and starting a new job haven't left a lot of room to finish up my AACOMAS application. I was thinking that it's starting to get a little late in the cycle based on how little I have done. Although, it seems that I'll be able to copy/paste a lot from my AMCAS app after I trim down my PS.

If I finish up and submit my primary ~ Sept 1 will I be too late for consideration for a lot of schools? Specifically, will this be too late for KCU, ATSU-KCOM, and DMU as they're likely the only ones I'll be applying to because of mild poverty.

Members don't see this ad.

Turns out moving across the country and starting a new job haven't left a lot of room to finish up my AACOMAS application. I was thinking that it's starting to get a little late in the cycle based on how little I have done. Although, it seems that I'll be able to copy/paste a lot from my AMCAS app after I trim down my PS.

If I finish up and submit my primary ~ Sept 1 will I be too late for consideration for a lot of schools? Specifically, will this be too late for KCU, ATSU-KCOM, and DMU as they're likely the only ones I'll be applying to because of mild poverty.
Currently AACOMAS is only taking 1 day to verify once all transcripts are received. I don't know anything about specific schools, but hopefully that helps at least a little.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly around late of Fall is pretty late because

1) Many applicants already have seats during the Fall Season and you must be a very competitive applicant to be one of them at that point
2)The secondary application and its review might take a month or two, which will lead into the Winter

Always better to apply earlier than later. But, n=1, I was complete (primary + secondary sent) for two of those schools in December (I think? feels so long ago even though it was just last cycle) and got interviews. I wouldn't recommend doing that though. Sep 1 is fine for the primary, but I'd absolutely try to send out those secondaries before Thanksgiving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm about to submit an application for Fall 2018... I don't think it's too late