DrDwayneJohnson

Maester of the Citadel in training
2+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Turns out moving across the country and starting a new job haven't left a lot of room to finish up my AACOMAS application. I was thinking that it's starting to get a little late in the cycle based on how little I have done. Although, it seems that I'll be able to copy/paste a lot from my AMCAS app after I trim down my PS.

If I finish up and submit my primary ~ Sept 1 will I be too late for consideration for a lot of schools? Specifically, will this be too late for KCU, ATSU-KCOM, and DMU as they're likely the only ones I'll be applying to because of mild poverty.

HunterGirl3

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Turns out moving across the country and starting a new job haven't left a lot of room to finish up my AACOMAS application. I was thinking that it's starting to get a little late in the cycle based on how little I have done. Although, it seems that I'll be able to copy/paste a lot from my AMCAS app after I trim down my PS.

If I finish up and submit my primary ~ Sept 1 will I be too late for consideration for a lot of schools? Specifically, will this be too late for KCU, ATSU-KCOM, and DMU as they're likely the only ones I'll be applying to because of mild poverty.
Currently AACOMAS is only taking 1 day to verify once all transcripts are received. I don't know anything about specific schools, but hopefully that helps at least a little.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Thanksgiving

About the Ads

DrTempoOne

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2016
Status
Podiatry Student
Honestly around late of Fall is pretty late because

1) Many applicants already have seats during the Fall Season and you must be a very competitive applicant to be one of them at that point
2)The secondary application and its review might take a month or two, which will lead into the Winter

Natural Killer Cell

Go Blue! Go...Green?
2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2017
Status

Always better to apply earlier than later. But, n=1, I was complete (primary + secondary sent) for two of those schools in December(I think? feels so long ago even though it just last cycle) and got interviews. I wouldn't recommend doing that though. Sep 1 is fine for the primary, but I'd absolutely try to send out those secondaries before Thanksgiving.

Reactions: ato891 and Ad2b

fluffispearlo

2+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2016
Status
I'm about to submit an application for Fall 2018... I don't think it's too late

About the Ads