When is your Pitt Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start this thread so maybe SDNers who are at Pitt for their interviews the same day can meet up and say hi to each other :)

I'll start:
9/6/06: joanofarc

Members don't see this ad.

9/12/06: Severus
9/15/06: Erina

Members don't see this ad :)
Erina said:
9/12/06: Severus
9/15/06: Erina

did all the people with interviews have their LOR's in before the invite?

9/12/2006: Severus
9/22/2006: floridakppr

beaverfetus said:
did all the people with interviews have their LOR's in before the invite?

No. I only had two submitted electronically the same day I submitted secondary.

floridakppr said:
No. I only had two submitted electronically the same day I submitted secondary.

interesting, maybe I didn't get an invite :( submitted at about 9pm last night no LORs in

9/6/2006: joanofarc
9/15/2006: Erina

i guess that's what happens when you post at the same time as someone else!

It's been sixteen hours since my submission / about 3-4 work hours. Longer or shorter than your wait? address my neuroses!!!

beaverfetus said:
It's been sixteen hours since my submission / about 3-4 work hours. Longer or shorter than your wait? address my neuroses!!!

I submitted my Pitt secondary at about 6:00 pm last Thursday night and received the interview invite at ~ 8:15 the next morning. HTH

crap, sounds late then... guess it was the bcpm if they auto invite on numbers.

beaverfetus said:
crap, sounds late then... guess it was the bcpm if they auto invite on numbers.

I think it's totally just numbers. Like I said elsewhere, I think most people making it through have GPA and MCAT hovering at ~ 3.7+ and 33+.

:luck: to ya though, buddy.

Members don't see this ad :)
beaverfetus said:

Don't worry! It took about 40 hours for me to receive the invite.

Right now I'm leaning towards interviewing in October so I can lump Pitt and Michigan into one trip.

thanks for the vote of confidence homer. I figure with a 3.64 and a 38 I should be able to swing an auto cut, but not if 3.7 is the cut. Thanks for the response.

9/15/2006: Erina, Ohthesilliness

beaverfetus said:
thanks for the vote of confidence homer. I figure with a 3.64 and a 38 I should be able to swing an auto cut, but not if 3.7 is the cut. Thanks for the response.

Like I posted in the other thread, I had a 3.53 and a 36 and got an invite right away. I will also have an M.S. by then too, so maybe thats a factor.

Anyway, my interview is 9/12. Good thing that I don't have classes on fridays.

9/12/2006: Severus, Zyzzyva100
9/15/2006: Erina, Ohthesilliness

9/15/2006: Erina, Ohthesilliness, Chachi25

joanofarc0907 said:
I thought I'd start this thread so maybe SDNers who are at Pitt for their interviews the same day can meet up and say hi to each other :)

I'll start:

To those who received "automatic" interview invites from Pitt: were you allowed to choose the date (at least from a few options)?

dimebag darrell said:
To those who received "automatic" interview invites from Pitt: were you allowed to choose the date (at least from a few options)?
yes there is a calender with all the dates available and you pick your day from it

My friend who goes to UPitt undergrad got an interview invite and he got 7 on PS, 10 on BS, and 13 on VR and has almost a 4.00 QPA. When he told me he got an interview, I asked him if it was auto. He said he asked and that they said people review the files.

So for all of you who have not received interviews yet, they are still debating whether or not to offer one.

I wish I applied to Pitt now!!!!!!!! :mad:

PittMedicine said:
My friend who goes to UPitt undergrad got an interview invite and he got 7 on PS, 10 on BS, and 13 on VR and has almost a 4.00 QPA. When he told me he got an interview, I asked him if it was auto. He said he asked and that they said people review the files.

So for all of you who have not received interviews yet, they are still debating whether or not to offer one.

Man, I have no clue what hours they're having those people work. I submitted after hours and had an invite the next morning. What's up with that? :confused:

It's like they employ house elves or something.

PittMedicine said:

I wish I could trust what you say, but you have already proven you lie on SDN before....

hmm...maybe they reviewed applications before sending a secondary, so they have a list of people that are definitely getting interviews right after submitting the secondary? and then for everyone else, they'll review the secondary and decide whether or not to invite for an interview?

Zyzzyva100 said:
Like I posted in the other thread, I had a 3.53 and a 36 and got an invite right away. I will also have an M.S. by then too, so maybe thats a factor.

Ok now that pisses me off. I wonder if zyzzyva is instate?

9/6/2006: joanofarc, Aurora013

And as for hours they keep? I submitted ~9 pm on a Saturday, and had an invite by 1:30 pm Sunday. So definitely not anything normal.

Aurora013 said:

And as for hours they keep? I submitted ~9 pm on a Saturday, and had an invite by 1:30 pm Sunday. So definitely not anything normal.

sigh, I'm coming up on 24 hours so I'm pretty sure my chances are nill for auto invite, guess I'll have to wait for screening

Severus said:
What is up with THAT? :confused:

University of pittsburgh hates me with a firey passion :confused:

9/22/2006: floridakppr, Hypothalamus

EPIPHANY! I have one requirement that I'm taking now (1 hour of bio lab) while the ad com person I talked to on the phone said not to worry about it, that is EXACTLY the kind of thing that a computer review would disqualify you for an auto invite. They wrote the program to not send invites to applicants with a requirement missing.

beaverfetus said:
EPIPHANY! I have one requirement that I'm taking now (1 hour of bio lab) while the ad com person I talked to on the phone said not to worry about it, that is EXACTLY the kind of thing that a computer review would disqualify you for an auto invite. They wrote the program to not send invites to applicants with a requirement missing.

That's odd, being as I'm not taking my last semester of bio lab til the fall...

Aurora013 said:
That's odd, being as I'm not taking my last semester of bio lab til the fall...

damn, ok back to my first theory, firey hatred.

9/11/2006: Shantster

9/11/2006: Shantster
9/29/2006: Looque

9/11 for me, so did they actually read our essays?

MFrig31 said:
9/11 for me, so did they actually read our essays?

Oh yay! Someone else will be there that day too.

The way it looks, the interviews so far are all auto-interviews based on the AMCAS. They'll read the essays before the interview, I'm sure.

9/6/2006: joanofarc, Aurora013, EndSong
9/11/2006: Shantster, MFrig31
9/12/2006: Severus, Zyzzyva100, PerpetualBurn

Keep it comin'

beaverfetus said:
damn, ok back to my first theory, firey hatred.

Dude.....I know the application process is quite stressful, but you need to chill or you're going to have a mental breakdown before you can even attend an interview. It's a long process. It's not the norm (at least for the majority of medical schools) to offer interviews within 24 hours of receiving your application. Plus you're getting really annoying. I can't imagine what you're going to be like if you're put on a gasp....waitlist. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's JULY!

9/11/2006: Shantster, MFrig31, Gabujabu

September 11th.

Gabujabu said:
9/11/2006: Shantster, MFrig31, Gabujabu

September 11th.
My interview is 9/11/06 too. where are people coming from? I'm flying in from boston

wiki23 said:
My interview is 9/11/06 too. where are people coming from? I'm flying in from boston

I'm coming from O'hare and should land around 5pm the previous Sunday, assuming I leave from O'hare ontime (like that's actually going to happen).

Where are people staying? I was thinking about doing a hotel for this one since they won't have the list of hosts until the first of September.

wiki23 said:

I'll be driving in from Miami University. I'm looking forward to seeing Pittsburgh again.

shantster said:
Where are people staying? I was thinking about doing a hotel for this one since they won't have the list of hosts until the first of September.

I have a couple friends in Pittsburgh that I definitely hope to catch up with. As for lodging, though, I'd like to see more of the university, so I may stay with a student host on the night before my interview, and then stay with my friends the night after my interview.

AmyO said:
Dude.....I know the application process is quite stressful, but you need to chill or you're going to have a mental breakdown before you can even attend an interview. It's a long process. It's not the norm (at least for the majority of medical schools) to offer interviews within 24 hours of receiving your application. Plus you're getting really annoying. I can't imagine what you're going to be like if you're put on a gasp....waitlist. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's JULY!

Try a little harder. Generally calling someone annoying is considered mean.
We're all a little neurotic right now. If we can't express that on SDN, then where can we?

Congrats to all of yinz. Good luck at your interviews. :luck:

I'm staying with my brother who (I believe...he just moved...) lives in Oakland. I might consider doing the host thing, but probably not.