when market will trun 180 degrees

Started by 773 doc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

773 doc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
credit crunch, housing market... we hear it a hundred times everyday these days and despite the market's "stability" this past week, many think that the market will bottom out....

When do you think the market will turn around and why

I'm a rookie but I've heard people say that the market is always down around this time and pics up some time in December
 
I dunno but I have a short financials ETF. Too early to go long on Citi, anyone think? I think the worst of the writedowns is over. You think the Dow will go below it's recent low again?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dunno but I have a short financials ETF. Too early to go long on Citi, anyone think? I think the worst of the writedowns is over. You think the Dow will go below it's recent low again?

Hope not on citi as I just got into a decent sized (for me) position. I was lucky and got in the day before the abu dhabi capital infusion, but after seeing the terms of the deal itself, I'm a little skeptical about whether citi's managers think the worst is over.
 
Hope not on citi as I just got into a decent sized (for me) position. I was lucky and got in the day before the abu dhabi capital infusion, but after seeing the terms of the deal itself, I'm a little skeptical about whether citi's managers think the worst is over.

the abu dhabi thing might be a good sign, although that's what i thought with BACs deal with Wamu, and i'm still getting killed in that...luckily i have a hefty dividend to reward me while i wait (unless they cut it, which it seems they might have to...12.2% yield is ridiculous)
 
When do you think the market will turn around and why

Why would you want the market to turn around? My emerging market stocks are up 40% year to date. Even my TIPS fund is up 12%.

If you hold a diversified portfolio of low cost mutual funds you can answer this question like I do....


I don't know and I don't care.

Quit listening to investment pornography and develop a long-term investing plan. Then you don't have to worry when things like "sub-prime meltdowns" come along.