When people say "no name" university, just how "no name" do they mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That all depends on what you're studying. Going for engineering or IT at Harvard when you have a chance to go to MIT, UCB, Stanford, or Cal Tech would be unwise since the 4 aforementioned schools are in the top 5 for eng. and IT. Harvard comes in at 25. ;)

Pretty much this. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

nvm, they didn't do tier 3 and tier 4 this year

Members don't see this ad :)
lol oh well. My mother graduated from AASU back in the 90's so I felt the need to try and defend them.

They play under Division II in sports so I guess that's better than other schools. The Tennis team is amazing.

My school is Tier 1 ranked 140-something in the Big East (Division 1), with some good teams (but not those that are on ESPN everyday).

would this be considered a no-name U.?

nah, Southern Cal IS a no name school... for rich kids who couldn't get into UCLA. :D

How about those of us who got into both schools and went to USC? In addition to being way more awesome, with my scholarship 'SC was cheaper than UCLA anyway. :D

lol oh well. My mother graduated from AASU back in the 90's so I felt the need to try and defend them.

They play under Division II in sports so I guess that's better than other schools. The Tennis team is amazing.

Washington U and Johns Hopkins play d3 sports