SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

When should I apply for my situation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by fastnfurious, May 18, 2008.

1. fastnfurious

fastnfurious 5+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I am using my health committee at school to apply to an early assurance program at only 1 school (deadline = nov 1st) and I'm unsure of when to apply. Right now our health committee has two dates we can choose: end of may (which sends out secondaries in june) and an end of august (sends them out september).

My question is I don't think I'll be ready to have all material in before this May deadline. Should I try rushing in my LORs and Personal Statement by May or take my time and do the August one?? Also, when should I send in my primary? Do I necessarily have to wait to send those in until my secondary is ready to go??
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6

May 2, 2008
    Earlier is always better. The longer you wait the fewer interview spots available.
  4. BigRedder

BigRedder Passing Gas 5+ Year Member

Jan 31, 2008
    You send in your primary as soon as it is ready. There are untold numbers of threads on this with good information.
  5. fastnfurious

fastnfurious 5+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2008
    so I should send in my primaries now, even if my secondary won't be ready by september