• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

When should I take the MCAT?

Szjafry

May 12, 2020
I’m currently a third year pre med student. I have taken most of the classes necessary to be ready to take the MCAT, I will be ready by the end of the winter 2021 semester. I have also started studying already, when should I take the MCAT? Should I wait until I graduate in 2022? Or take it next year after I complete my junior year?

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
  1. Medical Student
Whenever you are ready. Ready means you have completed all the necessary classes. Ready means you have cleared your plate to focus on the MCAT. Ready means your practice AAMC mcat scores are near/above your target score.

As for which year you take your MCAT in, it really doesn't matter except that your scores have a finite period for which they are acceptable. If you plan to take a gap year before applying, then that should factor in your equation.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.