Other OT-Related Information When should we apply for FASFA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otdtobe

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I plan on attending an OT program next year, just don’t know where yet. Soo, should I go ahead and file my FASFA now ? I’m not sure how it all works. I will appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I plan on attending an OT program next year, just don’t know where yet. Soo, should I go ahead and file my FASFA now ? I’m not sure how it all works. I will appreciate any help.

I waited until I got accepted into a program. You can wait and apply I think all the way through next July and it wont affect anything!

Reactions: 1 user
Apply now. This usually applies to undergrad but if any schools/states have need based scholarships/grants it's first come, first served.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply now- being granted federal work study is first come first served- even if the amount is fairly insignificant and you only end up working a couple hours a week, that award letter will help you qualify for food stamps while in grad school (at least in the states I’m aware of) Help with little things like that can add up, especially with interest rates for programs like this. I filled mine out early and was offered a scholarship and work study award with my acceptance. People in my program who waited didn’t get that. I just filled out the one for this upcoming year’s and it took 15 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
Did it ask what school you'd like to send it too?

Did it ask what school you'd like to send it too?
Yes! You should be able to select all of the schools you’re applying to on the fafsa! You can also log in to your FAFSA account and add a school to have it sent to later on after they’ve processed it if it turns out you go somewhere you hadn’t anticipated at this point. I’m not sure of the particulars of the inner workings of the process, just That somehow it does work! (Sorry it took me a long time to respond- I hope what I’m saying makes sense! Long day of midterms!)

Yes! You should be able to select all of the schools you’re applying to on the fafsa! You can also log in to your FAFSA account and add a school to have it sent to later on after they’ve processed it if it turns out you go somewhere you hadn’t anticipated at this point. I’m not sure of the particulars of the inner workings of the process, just That somehow it does work! (Sorry it took me a long time to respond- I hope what I’m saying makes sense! Long day of midterms!)
I understand! Thank you so much for your help. Goodluck on your midterms !!