Medical When should you send update letters and new grades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is it right to send an update letter and updated transcript? I asked several schools about whether they accept update letters and/or grades, so I would only send them to those that do accept the updates. Since my application submission, I participated in a virtual summer research program through the Keck Graduate Institute where I worked with a group and created a ppt but not a poster publication or any such. I also started working as a medical scribe which I learned A LOT from but due to COVID I am not allowed near patients but I do speak a lot to the physicians. I also organized a pre-health student panel at my school as the president of a club. I got all As this semester. I am unsure about whether any of these are considered significant updates. If they are, is it better to send an update letter now or in the spring (to the schools that I have not heard anything from)? Also, some schools have that I can only upload one updated transcript (so I either have the option of submitting my update transcript after these Fall 2020 grades or just wait until after my Spring 2021 grades go in) - is there one that is better, is it reasonable to upload my updated transcript with the Fall 20 grades where I got all As?
Only when the school requests them. Many schools will never accept updates, or limit the types of updates they would consider. Others will have academic update periods where you can send new transcripts from summer/fall coursework to the CAS for verification. You'll have to ask whether update letters, letters of interest/intent or notices of publications are welcomed or useful in reviewing your file on a school-by-school basis.

If you get accepted and confirm your enrollment, all of your transcripts will need to be sent directly to the school so that is when all of those updates can be made regarding your grades.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.