When to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElizaB

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know that for medical school its advantageous to apply very early in the cycle, almost immediately after the application opens. Is this the same for DPT programs? Should I be trying to apply as soon after July 5th as possible? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

when there's an early application cycle definitely take advantage of it since you're competing with fewer people, usually. when its just a regular cycle like after july 5th, i don't think it matters if you submit it by the deadline. but its always good to start early anyway so you don't rush through the application and do everything last minute.

so i suggest starting as early as possible. get organized. take your time. recheck everything. and submit when everything is completed.

Reactions: 1 user
It matters if the schools you are applying to operate on a rolling admissions or standard admissions. It will say on PTCAS, if they are rolling then the earlier the better because those schools accept qualified applications until their seats are full which sometimes can be mid application cycle. Other schools will wait until the application period is closed before reviewing any applications, in that case it wont matter.

Reactions: 1 user