SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

WHen To ask for LORS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kg062007, May 10, 2007.

1. kg062007

kg062007 Banned Banned 5+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2007
    I took the same english teacher for a year, and the same chemistry teacher for a year, im only a freshman, should i ask for LORS now or wait until im applying to medical school,which will be about two years from now. How do iIeven know if they will be aroung then? Do medical schools accept LORS that are years old? PLease help.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. paranoid_eyes

paranoid_eyes 2+ Year Member

Sep 18, 2006
    ask them now. im not sure how ur university is run, but im sure there is a office that safely files the letters (without you seeing them).

4. spospo

spospo Going to extremes 7+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2006
    The 'kane
    i would say get to know them better and keep in contact with them. let them know your plans and that in the future, you may like a letter from them. you could change a lot in the next two years, so i wouldn't have them written just yet. if you stay in contact with them, i am sure you will know if they are leaving. if they do leave, they can still write you a letter.

5. geneticclone

geneticclone Guest

Jan 5, 2007
    Umm for Lors, do community college ones do any good? I mean should i get some from my community college whcih is where ill be for half of my undergrade(taking gen chem and organic chem here).