Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

When to begin studying?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Thundrstorm, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Thundrstorm

Medical Student
    I apologize if this question has been asked before, but after a cursory glance of this forum, I haven't found an answer to my question. So.... How soon should I start preparing for the MCAT? I'm currently a sophomore and with my schedule, will likely be too busy to do any MCAT preparation until next summer (before my junior year). Is that early enough to start studying? When do you guys suggest taking the MCAT? Clearly, I know very little about the MCAT and my pre-med advisor isn't much help. Thank God for SdN. ;)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member

do well in all your classes now..that's great prep.

If you are taking it in april 2004 (when you are a junior), then I would recommend starting to study around january..read over your MCAT prep books during that month, and start doing problems around february. Work your butt off problems wise, and study hard. PM me if you want more info