When to begin studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thundrstorm

Full Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but after a cursory glance of this forum, I haven't found an answer to my question. So.... How soon should I start preparing for the MCAT? I'm currently a sophomore and with my schedule, will likely be too busy to do any MCAT preparation until next summer (before my junior year). Is that early enough to start studying? When do you guys suggest taking the MCAT? Clearly, I know very little about the MCAT and my pre-med advisor isn't much help. Thank God for SdN. 😉
 
do well in all your classes now..that's great prep.

If you are taking it in april 2004 (when you are a junior), then I would recommend starting to study around january..read over your MCAT prep books during that month, and start doing problems around february. Work your butt off problems wise, and study hard. PM me if you want more info