When to counsel the Pt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RussianJoo

Useless Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of counseling the Pt on dangers of smoking or drinking or diet while I am taking the history, so like I take a social history and they smoke i'll say well i just want to let you know that smoking is dangerous to your health and that we do offer some effective methods on helping you quit, would you like to talk to someone about that when I am done examining you? that way I won't forget to mention that stuff at the end when i am discussing the DD for their CC. or will we get points only if we mention it at the end when talking about the CC?

thanks for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

yo, ur buggin lol....talk about that sh#* whenever you want during the encounter.

Last edited:
I was thinking of counseling the Pt on dangers of smoking or drinking or diet while I am taking the history, so like I take a social history and they smoke i'll say well i just want to let you know that smoking is dangerous to your health and that we do offer some effective methods on helping you quit, would you like to talk to someone about that when I am done examining you? that way I won't forget to mention that stuff at the end when i am discussing the DD for their CC. or will we get points only if we mention it at the end when talking about the CC?

thanks for your replies.

I would definitely recommend counseling when they tell you about it... I missed out on about 1/2 the social history counseling because I intended to do it at the end and forgot or ran out of time. Do it as soon as they mention it; get those points in the bag and move on.