supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm completely open to learning about some veterinary medicine. It's why I read this forum. It was my fathers passion, and from a young age of helping him sew our hog dogs back up after a hunt, or giving our animals ivomectin, etc it brings back good childhood memories. I wish he was still alive so I could ask him. He never became a vet but was very knowledgeable with a bachelors in ag and a bachelors in microbiology.
Why wouldn't you ask a VET?
Layman's knowledge =/= 4 years of veterinary school.
OP, as has been stated repeatedly, you shouldn't be diluting meds (or doing anything to them) without explicit orders by the ordering DVM.
. Gunshot is actually an AVMA-accepted form of euthanasia as long as it is done properly, and I suspect you didn't know this. This is very common knowledge in the vet world, and I've met many clients in my area who come to the clinic for options and when euthanasia is decided as the best route, they go home and do it themselves to save some money. Some people keep so many animals and do this for a lifetime that they invest in a captive bolt gun because it's cheaper in the long run. Don't kid yourself. Again, you "don't understand vet med."