joshto

Nervous&Neurotic
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
267
0
Status
Pre-Medical
So, I'm complete at a bunch of schools, which compels me to ask the question: when can I expect to hear about interview invites/holds/rejections?
 

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
16,334
7
34
Between "there" and "there"
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So, I'm complete at a bunch of schools, which compels me to ask the question: when can I expect to hear about interview invites/holds/rejections?
End of the month - December.
 
Jun 5, 2009
167
0
Status
Pre-Medical
So, I'm complete at a bunch of schools, which compels me to ask the question: when can I expect to hear about interview invites/holds/rejections?
Nice! I just sent in my primaries to like 20 schools haha (AMCAS already processed tho).

Question: Do any schools require LOR to be received prior to scheduling interviews?
 

Meat

The Redder, the better.
Jun 25, 2009
239
3
Status
Medical Student
Nice! I just sent in my primaries to like 20 schools haha (AMCAS already processed tho).

Question: Do any schools require LOR to be received prior to scheduling interviews?
I am under the impression that most schools will not consider your application "complete" without LORs. This means that you won't be able to schedule without your letters submitted.
 

kac714

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2008
656
1
il
Status
Medical Student
i applied last year, am starting med school in like 3 weeks, and still haven't gotten rejected from 2 schools... so yea, you'll be waiting awhile
 

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
1,170
5
Somewhere in SE Wisconsin
Status
Medical Student
:thumbup: Right. There'll be places that string you along quite awhile. Of course, there are some that will be kind enough to reject you right away. Schools differ wildly in terms of timetables.

So, in short, you can expect nothing in terms of when you'll hear back (but by a year from now, you'll probably have heard back from 98% of them - your secondary money will have mysteriously disappeared at the other 2%).
 
Jun 5, 2009
167
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I am under the impression that most schools will not consider your application "complete" without LORs. This means that you won't be able to schedule without your letters submitted.
Do all schools schedule starting August, or is each school different? Also, do Adcoms read secondaries as soon as they receive them, and then immediately schedule interviews (sim. to my first question) or do they wait a bit before deciding? (Basically I have one letter writer who is taking a long time and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to rush her.)
 

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
6,875
1,641
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Do all schools schedule starting August, or is each school different? Also, do Adcoms read secondaries as soon as they receive them, and then immediately schedule interviews (sim. to my first question) or do they wait a bit before deciding? (Basically I have one letter writer who is taking a long time and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to rush her.)
There are some schools who will barely be sending out secondaries in August... University of Colorado is one of them. NYU won't send out interview invites until the end of September. It just depends on each individual school's timetable.