When To Expect A Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshto

Nervous&Neurotic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm complete at a bunch of schools, which compels me to ask the question: when can I expect to hear about interview invites/holds/rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I'm complete at a bunch of schools, which compels me to ask the question: when can I expect to hear about interview invites/holds/rejections?

Nice! I just sent in my primaries to like 20 schools haha (AMCAS already processed tho).

Question: Do any schools require LOR to be received prior to scheduling interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! I just sent in my primaries to like 20 schools haha (AMCAS already processed tho).

Question: Do any schools require LOR to be received prior to scheduling interviews?

I am under the impression that most schools will not consider your application "complete" without LORs. This means that you won't be able to schedule without your letters submitted.

i applied last year, am starting med school in like 3 weeks, and still haven't gotten rejected from 2 schools... so yea, you'll be waiting awhile

:thumbup: Right. There'll be places that string you along quite awhile. Of course, there are some that will be kind enough to reject you right away. Schools differ wildly in terms of timetables.

So, in short, you can expect nothing in terms of when you'll hear back (but by a year from now, you'll probably have heard back from 98% of them - your secondary money will have mysteriously disappeared at the other 2%).

I am under the impression that most schools will not consider your application "complete" without LORs. This means that you won't be able to schedule without your letters submitted.

Do all schools schedule starting August, or is each school different? Also, do Adcoms read secondaries as soon as they receive them, and then immediately schedule interviews (sim. to my first question) or do they wait a bit before deciding? (Basically I have one letter writer who is taking a long time and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to rush her.)

Do all schools schedule starting August, or is each school different? Also, do Adcoms read secondaries as soon as they receive them, and then immediately schedule interviews (sim. to my first question) or do they wait a bit before deciding? (Basically I have one letter writer who is taking a long time and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to rush her.)

There are some schools who will barely be sending out secondaries in August... University of Colorado is one of them. NYU won't send out interview invites until the end of September. It just depends on each individual school's timetable.