Apr 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi guys,

Quick question here.

I applied to, and was considered complete, at 8 DO schools right around the end of October. I was wondering when I can start hearing back? I have a 516 MCAT, 3.5 sGPA/cGPA and experience with the osteopathic profession (Shadowed multiple DOs, DO letters, work for a DO). We can assume my hours for clinical/volunteering are high/average.

I know a lot depends on how I wrote and the entirety of my application, but when should I start to panic about lack of interview invites? (have 0 atm).

Thank you!

About the Ads

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It's really hard to say when would be a time to "panic," but I would say if you don't receive any interview invites by March, things may not be looking great. However, with your stats, I would imagine you will receive some interview invites.

Reactions: 1 users
Apr 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It's really hard to say when would be a time to "panic," but I would say if you don't receive any interview invites by March, things may not be looking great. However, with your stats, I would imagine you will receive some interview invites.
That's refreshing to hear. Thank you.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi guys,

Quick question here.

I applied to, and was considered complete, at 8 DO schools right around the end of October. I was wondering when I can start hearing back? I have a 516 MCAT, 3.5 sGPA/cGPA and experience with the osteopathic profession (Shadowed multiple DOs, DO letters, work for a DO). We can assume my hours for clinical/volunteering are high/average.

I know a lot depends on how I wrote and the entirety of my application, but when should I start to panic about lack of interview invites? (have 0 atm).

Thank you!
It's a very busy cycle and admissions offices have been hampered by COVID.

Hence, you can get an II tomorrow, or in March.

MissRibeye

building better brains
Mar 6, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I thought I would let you know you are not alone with the DO school silence. I finished submitting September and have similar stats (just slightly lower). I have heard nothing from the DO schools I applied to then except 1 DO II from a brand-spanking-not-even-pre-accredited-new school I applied to in November. It's been rather surprising considering I have already received and gone to 2 MD IIs.

I don't know what's up with that because I thought I was much stronger DO material. Time will tell!

Reactions: 2 users
Apr 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I thought I would let you know you are not alone with the DO school silence. I finished submitting September and have similar stats (just slightly lower). I have heard nothing from the DO schools I applied to then except 1 DO II from a brand-spanking-not-even-pre-accredited-new school I applied to in November. It's been rather surprising considering I have already received and gone to 2 MD IIs.

I don't know what's up with that because I thought I was much stronger DO material. Time will tell!
Hey, thank you so much for your response. That makes me feel slightly better, although an II would be better :p Hope you have continued success in your cycle my dude/dudette!

Reactions: 1 user
Sep 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Same here, 2 MD IIs but silence from DO schools.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Jan 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
4.0 sgpa and a 511 mcat with similar DO response as a previous poster. (1DO acceptance to a relatively new school) I figure the high amount of applications is just taking its toll on admissions offices.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads