When to obtain LORs for PG education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trent Steele

benadryl brownies
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is your views on whether or not I should obtain letters of reference from from my preceptors as I go through rotations? When did current residents and fellows obtain their LORs? I am unsure if I will need different types of letters for different positions.... My last preceptor and I got along great so I figure I should just get the letter now... 😕

If anyone that understands what I'm saying has good info please reply. The question is... Now or later? 😕
 
What is your views on whether or not I should obtain letters of reference from from my preceptors as I go through rotations? When did current residents and fellows obtain their LORs? I am unsure if I will need different types of letters for different positions.... My last preceptor and I got along great so I figure I should just get the letter now... 😕

If anyone that understands what I'm saying has good info please reply. The question is... Now or later? 😕

BUMP...
How exactly does the LOR process work for finding a residency?