When to quit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rufus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm just wondering what y'all would do in this situation. I currently work a full-time job but will be starting med school in mid-August. So, my question is when to quit working. My husband & I are going to be separated (geographically!) by this so we'll have to support two households for awhile; any extra money will certainly come in handy. OTOH, I want some time to spend with him before I move & to be able to start med school mentally "fresh." Any advice on long-distance marriage would be much appreciated, too
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Quit in time to have a few weeks with your husband. During that time make sure you really talk about what is about to happen in your lives. I too began med school last August away from my husband and family. It has been tough and has not turned out the way that I hoped. Communication is really key! I would be happy to correspond with you via e-mail if you'd like. I would rather not post specifics on the board. Good luck to you in your future.

Renee

Thanks, Renee. I'll take a few weeks to spend some time with my husband before school starts & try my best to keep the lines of commuication open when we're apart. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate hearing more about your own situation since it sounds similar to what I'm going to face soon. My email address is [email protected] (it's also in my profile). Thanks again for taking the time out to reply. Best wishes to you!