When to request course substitutions?

Started by Pastamahn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pastamahn

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. So I have called a couple schools about substituting writing intensive courses for English classes, but I was wondering when you formally ask to substitute these courses? The secondaries I have done so far haven't had a space to request these substitutions. Do I do this later on in the cycle?
 
Prerequisites fulfillment are typically a post-admissions/pre-matriculation function done after you have taken an offer of acceptance at a school. They usually hrave to get an official copy of your transcripts directly from your college and review. Most schools have an exception/waiver or appeal process if you are deemed in lacking something. Schools vary widely in how strict they are
Thank you for the reply! I'm only iffy on the English requirement for some schools so I plan to take an English course this coming semester, and for any school that a different writing intensive course doesn't fill this requirement, will have to fit in another English class spring semester.