When To Send Back to Referral

Started by fozzy40
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fozzy40

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was talking with some physical therapists at my home institution about how soon they expect patients should respond to a treatment plan. The therapists I work with are MDT trained and expect to see improvement in 3-4 sessions for uncomplicated back or neck pain.

So I started thinking of some follow up questions:
1) How long does it typically take for a patient to "respond?"
2) When do you decide to send a patient back to you referral source for a re-evaluation if they do not respond?

Thanks again.