when to send LORS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

supernareg

okay, my school's premed committee is fulla ****.

so i'll be conducting my own LOR thing.

where do LOR's get sent? are then sent with 2ndary's or primary apps?

Members don't see this ad.

okay, my school's premed committee is fulla ****.

so i'll be conducting my own LOR thing.

where do LOR's get sent? are then sent with 2ndary's or primary apps?

Always secondary, and the rest depends on the school. Some will only accept letters directly from the writers, others will let you use a service such as Interfolio. Check your secondaries (when you get them) and figure out what options each school will accept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every school will tell you where they should be sent when they issue you a secondary.

do not write off your premed committee. usually, they write a cover letter on top of all of your letters of recommendations, and this is quite important. also, they help you organize all of your letters and will mail them FOR you, which usually ensures that they will be filed and processed. for example, i never had to worry about LOR's because i had them sent by late May to my premed committee, which filed and organized them for me. They sent all my LOR's along with their cover letter to every school by the third wk of June--before I even finished my primary applications! this was great, because my files became complete the instant i finished my secondaries.

How is your pre-med committee full of ****? Some schools(correct me if I'm wrong) require a pre-med committee member if your school has one, and, if you don't, they require a very good explanation as to why not.

wow. when to send in lors.

sorry, i just had an application process flashback. carry on.

Some will only accept letters directly from the writers, others will let you use a service such as Interfolio. Check your secondaries (when you get them) and figure out what options each school will accept.
I applied to 37 schools using Interfolio and didn't find any that refused Interfolio. Not saying there aren't any out there, but they must be rare.
do not write off your premed committee.
Good advice. Most schools I applied to mentioned specifically that if your school has a premed committee, you must send in a letter from that committee. I doubt that there is a "they're full of $hit" clause.

lol

well basically why i said my premed committee is fulla crap is cause of the advisor. he is super laid back, wants me to do everything slowly, etc, etc. he doesnt want me applying wi/o taking all my upper div bio classes. thats understandable, but i have to do what pleases me. i know its his job to say stuff like that. for example, i'm applying this june, MCAT in april. he told me take MCAT next april, apply next june, get into medschool fall 09. thats too late for me, i tried explaining that to him, but he didnt listen. i know he's trying to do his job, but i mean you have to listne to the students wants too.