SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

when to send LORS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by supernareg, Mar 4, 2007.

1. supernareg

supernareg Guest

Oct 25, 2006
    okay, my school's premed committee is fulla sh!t.

so i'll be conducting my own LOR thing.

where do LOR's get sent? are then sent with 2ndary's or primary apps?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nutster

nutster Rarrr! 5+ Year Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Always secondary, and the rest depends on the school. Some will only accept letters directly from the writers, others will let you use a service such as Interfolio. Check your secondaries (when you get them) and figure out what options each school will accept.

4. supernareg

supernareg Guest

Oct 25, 2006
    anyone else?

5. Xotica

Xotica New Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Every school will tell you where they should be sent when they issue you a secondary.

6. crimsonkid85

crimsonkid85 7+ Year Member

Jul 3, 2006
    do not write off your premed committee. usually, they write a cover letter on top of all of your letters of recommendations, and this is quite important. also, they help you organize all of your letters and will mail them FOR you, which usually ensures that they will be filed and processed. for example, i never had to worry about LOR's because i had them sent by late May to my premed committee, which filed and organized them for me. They sent all my LOR's along with their cover letter to every school by the third wk of June--before I even finished my primary applications! this was great, because my files became complete the instant i finished my secondaries.

7. rickthetwinkie

rickthetwinkie Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    How is your pre-med committee full of ****? Some schools(correct me if I'm wrong) require a pre-med committee member if your school has one, and, if you don't, they require a very good explanation as to why not.

8. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!! 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    wow. when to send in lors.

sorry, i just had an application process flashback. carry on.

9. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California Moderator 10+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2004
    I applied to 37 schools using Interfolio and didn't find any that refused Interfolio. Not saying there aren't any out there, but they must be rare.
    Good advice. Most schools I applied to mentioned specifically that if your school has a premed committee, you must send in a letter from that committee. I doubt that there is a "they're full of $hit" clause.

10. supernareg

supernareg Guest

Oct 25, 2006
    lol

well basically why i said my premed committee is fulla crap is cause of the advisor. he is super laid back, wants me to do everything slowly, etc, etc. he doesnt want me applying wi/o taking all my upper div bio classes. thats understandable, but i have to do what pleases me. i know its his job to say stuff like that. for example, i'm applying this june, MCAT in april. he told me take MCAT next april, apply next june, get into medschool fall 09. thats too late for me, i tried explaining that to him, but he didnt listen. i know he's trying to do his job, but i mean you have to listne to the students wants too.