When to send MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rivendell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Does anyone know when you should send your MCAT scores in if you took the MCAT after you submitted your primary and secondary applications? Would the different DO schools wait until they got your new score to extend you an interview or not, and do you have to send the most updated scores if they are not your best scores?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question. Does anyone know when you should send your MCAT scores in if you took the MCAT after you submitted your primary and secondary applications? Would the different DO schools wait until they got your new score to extend you an interview or not, and do you have to send the most updated scores if they are not your best scores?

Thanks

I would send in your MCAT score asap after you get it back. Some schools will wait if your old score isn't that great, and yes you have to send the most updated scores.

Thanks for your response. One follow-up.

What if your most recent set of scores is worse than your previous set, could you wait to send them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you indicate that you were retaking on your primary application? Either way, it would be in your best interest to submit them. They're going to find out sooner or later and it might look bad if you were purposely withholding the information.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Waiting for my new scores to be released beginning of October. From what I read, pretty much every school waits for your MCAT score to be released as long as you indicated you were retaking it on your primary. I even got a few emails saying my app was complete and it was on hold for my test results. Hope I got a 45.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Waiting for my new scores to be released beginning of October. From what I read, pretty much every school waits for your MCAT score to be released as long as you indicated you were retaking it on your primary. I even got a few emails saying my app was complete and it was on hold for my test results. Hope I got a 45.

Imagine what it would feel like to actually get like a 40+ on the MCAT. You've waited a month... feeling nervous as ever. You log in to AAMC... check your MCAT, and you see like: 14 12 14

I think I'd die.... I guess it's fortunate then that I made less than a 40.

Imagine what it would feel like to actually get like a 40+ on the MCAT. You've waited a month... feeling nervous as ever. You log in to AAMC... check your MCAT, and you see like: 14 12 14

I think I'd die.... I guess it's fortunate then that I made less than a 40.

haha...It'd probably be the greatest moment in my life. Well, until the birth of my child...I heard that can get pretty magical.