When to send my scores to AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zaxos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, little backstory here. Took my mcat last fall (2013) and wasn't happy with the scores and decided to retake in January of this year. So I had my primary submitted and everything ready to go, but since I knew I was going to retake in January I never sent the scores. Now fast forward to today, I have found that most of these schools won't accept my scores if they aren't in before March 1st. Unfortunately my new scores won't get in until 2/25, leaving barely any time for the AACOMAS to update. So my question is this: how long does it take for the AACOMAS to show the updated scores? If it isn't fast enough, I was thinking to just submit my old scores ASAP and just update my AACOMAS with the new score afterwards. It seems most schools were cool with the update, but if I didn't have any scores in at all they hesitated. I am sorry if that is confusing but it is kind of difficult to explain. What are your thoughts? Thanks for all the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Did I post in the wrong place?

I think it was 2-3 days but I honestly don't remember too well. Since you should submit both scores anyway just submit your current one then update ASAP. imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it was 2-3 days but I honestly don't remember too well. Since you should submit both scores anyway just submit your current one then update ASAP. imo.

Thanks for the help, I am going to do that. This way they review based on January, but I don't have issues with them not receiving any scores before the deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Contract AACOMAS. Don't go just by hearsay. They must have a way for late applicants with late MCAT submit before the deadline.