When to send updates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms2625

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple interviews coming up, but have not updated these schools about my recent publication. Should I update them pre or post interview? Also for updates through a portal, is a letter format addressed to the admissions committee suitable?

Members don't see this ad.

If the interview dates are near and upcoming, you can safely update those schools at the interview. For all other schools, update asap.

In regards to letter format: @gonnif

If the interview dates are near and upcoming, you can safely update those schools at the interview. For all other schools, update asap.

In regards to letter format: @gonnif

The interviews are 1&2 months away. I guess my concern was in my previous interview I didn't get a chance to mention it, so I wanted to put it into writing, especially considering the two upcoming are very research heavy.

The interviews are 1&2 months away. I guess my concern was in my previous interview I didn't get a chance to mention it, so I wanted to put it into writing, especially considering the two upcoming are very research heavy.
I'd update those schools as well then. Make sure the schools you update actually allow for updates, since some strictly do not.