When to start getting concerned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sr123234

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that right now is too soon, but I'm also sure that many other applicants have the same question as me so I'll just ask.

I've submitted secondaries to 30+ schools, GPA is 3.9+, MCAT is 515+ (deliberately keeping vague), the rest of my application is strong. I haven't received any II's yet. I was wondering when I should start sending letters of intent, emailing adcoms, etc. The only information I've found online is the Thanksgiving Day rule. Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i remember that i didnt receive by first II till first week of October (and that was during normal cycle, without COVID). I know how hard it is to wait, but you will just have to. I am sorry.

Also, letters of intent are sent AFTER the interview. Not before.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sure that right now is too soon, but I'm also sure that many other applicants have the same question as me so I'll just ask.

I've submitted secondaries to 30+ schools, GPA is 3.9+, MCAT is 515+ (deliberately keeping vague), the rest of my application is strong. I haven't received any II's yet. I was wondering when I should start sending letters of intent, emailing adcoms, etc. The only information I've found online is the Thanksgiving Day rule. Thanks for any advice!
Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Not directed at you, OP, but SDNers are advised to not to have the mindset of “I sent in my apps; where are my IIs???!!!”

Reactions: 1 users