When to start prepping for summer 2025 matriculation PostBacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysontime

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently graduated from a top MBA program and work in healthcare consulting. Medicine has been a passion of mine from an early age, but I didn't have it in me during undergrad to pursue med school prerequisites. Thus, my plan is to work up until summer 2025 and begin a PostBacc program at that time.

I'll be looking into Goucher and Bryn Mawr primarily, with interest as well in Loras College (although I can't seem to find too much information about student outcomes since it is a newer program).

My prep plan (while working in 2024): to become an EMT-B (take a class and pass the exam), volunteer as a paramedic, and gain physician shadowing hours to show a serious intent towards pursuing medicine.

My question: When does it make sense to begin working towards these goals with a summer 2025 matriculation timeline in mind? Do I give it a few months into the new year, or do I start the process now?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.