When to start prepping for summer 2025 matriculation PostBacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alwaysontime

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I recently graduated from a top MBA program and work in healthcare consulting. Medicine has been a passion of mine from an early age, but I didn't have it in me during undergrad to pursue med school prerequisites. Thus, my plan is to work up until summer 2025 and begin a PostBacc program at that time.

I'll be looking into Goucher and Bryn Mawr primarily, with interest as well in Loras College (although I can't seem to find too much information about student outcomes since it is a newer program).

My prep plan (while working in 2024): to become an EMT-B (take a class and pass the exam), volunteer as a paramedic, and gain physician shadowing hours to show a serious intent towards pursuing medicine.

My question: When does it make sense to begin working towards these goals with a summer 2025 matriculation timeline in mind? Do I give it a few months into the new year, or do I start the process now?

Thanks in advance for your help.