When to submit secondary fees

Started by slewis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

slewis

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 06/16/15 and realized that some schools want the supplemental fee to be mailed out with the AADSAS primary application. Under school designation it says 'not mailed' - should i wait until schools receive my primary application before sending them a check? How would they know who to match the check to if they don't have any of my information yet?

also, if i don't receive secondary apps in a reasonable amount of time... are schools obliged to notify that I've been rejected? or am i supposed to assume that no response means rejected.
 
the ones that want the fee mailed out with the AADSAS should be sent when you e-submit your app. schools are not obliged to notify that you've been rejected. i still have not heard from a school from LAST cycle about a rejection yet... :wtf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personally, I sent in supplemental fees to some schools already even though my application has not been mailed out yet. If I send supplemental fees after AADSAS mails out the applications, that means I have to wait even longer for my application to be complete at my designated schools, so I figured why not. If you look at directions for sending checks, most require you to put your name and AADSAS # (or DENTPIN, depends on the school) somewhere on the check to match it to your application.
 
Last edited:
I submitted 06/16/15 and realized that some schools want the supplemental fee to be mailed out with the AADSAS primary application. Under school designation it says 'not mailed' - should i wait until schools receive my primary application before sending them a check? How would they know who to match the check to if they don't have any of my information yet?

also, if i don't receive secondary apps in a reasonable amount of time... are schools obliged to notify that I've been rejected? or am i supposed to assume that no response means rejected.
It does not matter if you send it now or just when your application gets received