When to submit update/ include grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desperatepremed2024

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have completed most of my interviews and would like to submit updates to my schools and also use the opportunity to express my interest in the school and talk about stuff I liked. I plan to send these letters to columbia, yale, harvard, penn, washu, duke, and cornell. My questions are:

1. When would be the best time to send my letters? I was thinking maybe around late december early january? I believe most of these schools are still interviewing into January, and they probably have all their committee meetings throughout january/feb before releasing decision in march.

2. I am debating whether I should include my fall semester grades in my update. I already have around 3 other things i'm including in my update, including a prestigious national honor that I received. I am not sure if including my grades would be a good idea for two reason. I already have a very strong academic record/gpa so the grades wouldn't really say much. Also, I took a very small number of credits due to being busy with interviews, so idk how that will look to adcoms.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user