When to take MCAT and apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

06mazdasports

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the MCAT June 15th. That would mean I get my results at or before July 15th. I would apply that week(everything else would be done) Would that be considered applying early? Also when most people say "apply early", what is the farthest date they are normally talking about? August? Sept?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take the MCAT June 15th. That would mean I get my results at or before July 15th. I would apply that week(everything else would be done) Would that be considered applying early? Also when most people say "apply early", what is the farthest date they are normally talking about? August? Sept?

Thanks!

Applying early would be when the primary application first becomes available. I think it was within the first week of May or June. You would have to check the website.

Thanks!
You can fill out the AMCAS/AACOMAS in early May/June depending on the process this year. I heard it changed from last year. When the MCAT score report is released, it will be updated to your AACOMAS or AMCAS. So, it is advantageous for you to submit your primary application in early May/June. The hold up for me during the 06-07 application season was the verification of my transcripts, which took several weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can fill out the AMCAS/AACOMAS in early May/June depending on the process this year. I heard it changed from last year. When the MCAT score report is released, it will be updated to your AACOMAS or AMCAS. So, it is advantageous for you to submit your primary application in early May/June. The hold up for me during the 06-07 application season was the verification of my transcripts, which took several weeks.

Verification of Transcripts? So I need to have a transcript sent to AACOM from each institution I studied at before they will process my application? I guess it sounds lika dumb question but I'm so new to this I need affirmation on everything. The reason I'm asking is because I want to start processing everything as early as I can (even though I'm takin the MCAT in July) but I haven't graduated yet, so does that mean I have to wait until I graduate and get my last semester's grades before I get processed by AACOM?

Verification of Transcripts? So I need to have a transcript sent to AACOM from each institution I studied at before they will process my application? I guess it sounds lika dumb question but I'm so new to this I need affirmation on everything. The reason I'm asking is because I want to start processing everything as early as I can (even though I'm takin the MCAT in July) but I haven't graduated yet, so does that mean I have to wait until I graduate and get my last semester's grades before I get processed by AACOM?
AACOM has to verify that the grades and courses that you put on your AACOMAS. So, you will send a transcript reflecting your current (when you send in the application) grades from each institution that you got a P/F, W, I, or letter grade. You would not have to wait to graduate in order to get your AACOMAS processed. AACOM will process your AACOMAS as is. Also, your anticipated courses will be entered into the AACOMAS. They anticipated courses are by no means binding. As long as your pre-requisite grades are all in the AACOMAS, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Updated transcipts will be sent to the respective schools that you applied to.

As long as you release your score to the AACOM/AACOMAS through the THX system, it should show up on your AMCAS/AACOMAS.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat