when to take NBEO partI, II, III and TMOD

Started by tran
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tran

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I'm a 2nd year opto student. I know that most people take partI in the summer when they finish their 2nd year. I was just wondering when do most people take part II, III, and TMOD. I see that TMOD is not required by many states including California. Does that mean optometrists in those states have more limitations when it comes to prescribing drugs? Would some upperclassmen help answering these questions? Thank you!
 
i have been told by current students that part II is taken in about december of your 4th year. (i think). 👍

tran said:
Hi all, I'm a 2nd year opto student. I know that most people take partI in the summer when they finish their 2nd year. I was just wondering when do most people take part II, III, and TMOD. I see that TMOD is not required by many states including California. Does that mean optometrists in those states have more limitations when it comes to prescribing drugs? Would some upperclassmen help answering these questions? Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so you take Part II & TMOD in Dec of your 4th year and Part III in April of your 4th year before you graduate?

Does anybody know why TMOD is only required by some states and not the other?

thanks!
 
and what study materials did you guys use to study for boards?