When to take Org. Chem.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I have taken Biology and Physics when starting Org Chem I and II?

Members don't see this ad.

Take it whenever you want.

I mean would it help me to do well in Org Chem if I have taken Bio and Phy?

Members don't see this ad :)
organic chem is kinda like it's own language.. there's really nothing, other than some basic chemistry principles that are covered in gen chem, that can "prepare" you, in any sense of the word.

Take it after gen chem. Physics and biology will not help you in organic chem. If you want you can even take them at the same time. I'm taking physics/o-chem at the same time.

I was hoping to take Orgo I and II this coming year but It is looking like Orgo I will close before I have time to register. So I was thinking of waiting and taking both my Junior year but I'm wondering if that will affect my MCAT preparation. I imagine I can prep the summer before my Junior year or first semester and then take the test in May, following the completion of Orgo II. Can anyone provide some advice in regards to this plan please?

I was hoping to take Orgo I and II this coming year but It is looking like Orgo I will close before I have time to register. So I was thinking of waiting and taking both my Junior year but I'm wondering if that will affect my MCAT preparation. I imagine I can prep the summer before my Junior year or first semester and then take the test in May, following the completion of Orgo II. Can anyone provide some advice in regards to this plan please?
That's my exact plan actually. Nothing more we can do. Although, it does help to have Orgo fresh in your head.