When we receive our August MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikhila

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The deadline for the schools that I'm applying to is October 15th. I heard from others that you can pay an extra $20 or something like that to get your scores earlier than the 60 days or whatever it takes for us to get our scores the usual way. That would be very beneficial and save me some money in case I didn't make the MCAT cutoff for a certain school, obviously I wouldn't apply to it. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks and good luck with studying :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I might be completely wrong about this (and things may have changed since I took the MCAT)..but here's what I understand.

I took the MCAT in April 2002. About 6 or so weeks after taking it, I got this letter in the mail saying that I could go online and get my scores, but I had to pay $20. Here was the catch...they released all the scores (mailed or online) on the same day, so even if I logged on, the scores were not necessarily available for me to see. In fact, I think I logged on several times before my scores were actually posted. Once I finally got my scores online, the mailed hard copy of my scores came about 5 days later. Basically, the amount of time you save by getting your scores online is only the amount of time that it takes the MCAT people to put a stamp on your particular score sheet and send it out to you. That was just my experience.

I remember that there was a lot of controversy about the "get your scores early for $20 deal" because it was supposedly unfair to those who were under-privileged or poor, and my advisor had told me that they were going to stop this practice. I think they did stop charging for getting scores online because I know that a few friends of mine who took the April 2003 MCAT went online to get their scores for free. Just check the www.aamc.org site every now and then, and it should say once the scores are available.

Just have the rest of your application done so that you can send it off once you actually do get your scores.

Good luck with your test and application process!!