When would be a good time to start a job search?

Started by h2odroplet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

h2odroplet

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ama 4th year on rotation right now and I was wondering when would be a good time to start looking for a job. I am not looking to do a residency, I just don't think it's for me. I am working in a chain retail pharmacy right now but I wouldn't really care to stay with them. I'm thinking it is way too early to look right now.
 
I ama 4th year on rotation right now and I was wondering when would be a good time to start looking for a job. I am not looking to do a residency, I just don't think it's for me. I am working in a chain retail pharmacy right now but I wouldn't really care to stay with them. I'm thinking it is way too early to look right now.

Think again.

I applied to 6 residencies pre match 6 residencies post-match and 2 chains and IHS once residencies pretty much ruled me out. Look now, and be glad you've gotten a head start on everyone else.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently one of my classmates has already had an interview at a chain where she doesn't currently intern, so now is good advice, especially for retail. I don't think hospitals are looking to interview yet though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
probably 3 years ago....


but hospitals take a long time to hire. they site on positions for a while. by the time you interview, get hired, physical, orientation, etc it can be a couple of months


id start looking ASAP to be honest.