When would you recommend me taking MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior and I was originally planning on studying for the MCAT but I have been working too many hours. I am taking a gap year.

First semester, I have a rather difficult schedule including biochem and a couple of other classes that will require a great deal of effort.

My second semester will be rather light and I will have at least two days off a week,

I was thinking about taking it in January, but I think my first semester is too difficult, so perhaps May 2013? What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you've already answered your question. I think the obvious decision would be April/May of next year. Make sure you do well in your fall classes and then shift your focus to the MCAT when you can, and limit your spring classes as much as possible.

This, or early June dates. Just have your app submitted and ready to go so you'll be on the same schedule as everyone else once your scores come back.