Where are all my UCSF peeps at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They gave me my notice on final acceptance today. You have to send them a copy of your transcripts 1st.

Anybody know anything about the housing situation ??

Members don't see this ad.

They gave me my notice on final acceptance today. You have to send them a copy of your transcripts 1st.

Anybody know anything about the housing situation ??

applied but no answer.... i wonder when they'll notify us if we're in because
otherwise we have to find a place to live.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone hear anything back from housing??:rolleyes:

I got the email from Elisa today. She said they'll contact us 8 weeks prior to our move in date and at this time there is a waitlist of 100+ people for studios and 1 bedrooms, and 60+ people for 2 bedrooms.

I'm thinkin... I need to start looking outside for a place to live.
It'll be tough to get in.

awww... i didnt get any emails yet.. but i called the office today.. he said i have a good chance getting a single room.. and will contact me in couple of weeks.. but i really think i should start looking for off campus housing too.

what date did u request to move in ?

awww... i didnt get any emails yet.. but i called the office today.. he said i have a good chance getting a single room.. and will contact me in couple of weeks.. but i really think i should start looking for off campus housing too.

what date did u request to move in ?

I'm not sure, its been awhile... but i think it was end of august or something.
I got my ucsf email account today~ yay~ :D

yeah i want mine too! how did u get urs?

am i missing some info from ucsf? cuz i havent really heard anything from them since my acceptance .. ? heehee

to in her drawer: whats ur plan for housing?

does anyone know when the deadline to have our said degrees finish by is? I thought i'd be finishing in july but i have the option of pushing it to August to get some breathing room..

yeah i want mine too! how did u get urs?

am i missing some info from ucsf? cuz i havent really heard anything from them since my acceptance .. ? heehee

to in her drawer: whats ur plan for housing?

I got a letter last week with the student academic affairs user id and password. Today, I got a letter offering me another scholarship. yay~ :D

I got a letter last week with the student academic affairs user id and password. Today, I got a letter offering me another scholarship. yay~ :D

Oh, man. They sent out letters last week? I didn't check my mail for like two weeks at my apartment and I think all my mail has been returned to sender. I sure am foolish...

i got nothing in mails yet... wonder if i should call n' ask?

I got this email from James on Monday. If you have not gotten any mail or email, here it is...

Hello Class of 2011!

I hope you are preparing to have an enjoyable summer, but I wanted to provide you with some information regarding administrative details associated with your impending matriculation at UCSF.

Recently, your names and personal information were entered into the campus Student Information System. If you have not already received it, you should soon be receiving a letter from the Office of the Registrar giving you your student account, email, etc. If you do not receive this letter by Friday, June 8th, please contact me and I will look into the matter for you.

When you first login to your account you will probably notice that there are several holds placed on your registration. Do not be alarmed, this is the regular beginning status for new students. These holds may include Student Health, Financial Aid, the Registrar’s office and the Dentistry Admissions office. For all of the holds except the Dentistry Admissions office you should contact the appropriate department for more information. Keep in mind, however, that this is a very busy time for those offices as they are processing materials for all students entering the University. Even though you may have already sent in the required paperwork, it may take some time before the hold is lifted. As you will not register or enroll in classes until the fall, this should be of no concern. The hold status will not jeopardize your admission status.

The Dentistry Admissions hold is administered by our office. We will release this hold after 3 conditions are met:

We receive evidence in the form of an official transcript, that you have satisfactorily completed any pending prerequisites.

We have received official copies of all transcripts for all colleges or universities you have ever attended, through the summer term. If a degree was awarded, the final transcript must show the conferral of that degree. However, since it can take some time for a degree to post to a transcript, you should send us a copy of the transcript as soon as grades are available. You can later send a degree conferral copy of the transcript.

Note: We are in the process of checking your files to confirm what transcripts are needed and what transcripts have already been received. In the coming weeks you will receive an email outlining what documents are still required by our office.

All other campus administrative holds have been released.

This process takes some time, so please be patient. Many of you will not have the Admissions office hold released until August or later. Again, there is no need to worry; this will not jeopardize your admission status.

Thank you. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to send them to [email protected].

James C Betbeze Jr

Director of Admissions

Oh hey, what's up chief science officer?

Greetings. I had some of my questions answered on another thread. However, I am still interested in finding out others opinions on where is the best places to live around UCSF.

Hi future UCSFers!

I'm in med school but taking a year off to do research on the East Coast, and so I plan on sub-leasing out my fabulous inner sunset room to someone for the school year starting at the end of August when you guys start (I come back around June of next year).

I am a girl, and live with another cool girl that is NOT a student (you guys have NO idea how great of an idea it is to not live with other students). My room is pretty much the biggest room you can get in SF, I have a huuuuge desk and a queen bed and 2 bookshelves and I have so much room left I can still dance around each morning. I also have a huge walk-in closet, and a shared bathroom. Anyway, since I plan on moving back after my year is over, I was hoping to sublease the room with the furniture included. AND I have laundry in house AND a garage parking spot...pretty impossible in this city. Rent is $890 including all utilities (cable, wifi, etc) and including the garage spot. Thought it'd be a great offer for a future UCSF student who can benefit, especially if you don't want to furnish a room right now.

PM me if interested. Good luck to all next year and enjoy this last summer..

I heard UCSF started podcasting their lectures. Do you guys know what classes are getting podcost?

I heard UCSF started podcasting their lectures. Do you guys know what classes are getting podcost?

Wow, this thread is really old TomTom. But to answer your question, Path from Sanchez is podcast... dont' think any others are. Maybe someone else can chip in.