Where are DOs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daisy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I've been very impressed with this board so I have decided to come here to help me with my dilemma. I am planning to apply to DO school in the 2000. I have everything that is needed except that I am having a hard time looking for an Osteopathic physician. I live in Bay Area California. I already volunteer in Stanford but I have yet to meet a DO here. I have checked the online directories, phone books even insurance directories but I have come up with nothing. Can anyone help me? Any idea/suggestion is welcome. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Daisy,

Dr. Bing Liem is a cardiologist on the medical faculty at Stanford Med. And Dr. Henehan is a family practice/sports medicine doc at San Jose Medical Center, which runs a Stanford-affiliated family practice residency. You can find more DOs by calling Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine on Mare Island (near Vallejo). Their phone number is probably on their website (www.sfcom.edu). I too am from the Bay Area (in Castro Valley/Hayward), but will be leaving my hometown for COMP in Southern California next week. Good luck, osteopathic medicine is a great career to get into.

EDGAR

Daisy,

I'm a former Bay Area resident. You might consider contacting Drs. Glassman, Gilliar, or Friedman all at the Saint Mary's Hospital Spine Center. They are also affiliated with the San Francisco International Manual Manual Medicine Society.

www.wenet.net/~sfimms/info/fm.html

The AOA is having its annual convention and scientific seminar in SF this October. You might consider attending this event. Get more information off the AOA's webpage.

There are a few DO's in northern CA towards Sonoma, Santa Rosa, and Redding most doing family medicine. If you really want a sense of the day-to-day realities of medicine, consider calling them and arranging to spend a day in their offices. Oh, the director of research in Emergency Medicine at Highland Hospital in Oakland,Dr. Levitt, is a DO.

www.hghed.com/public/brochure6.html

good luck!!

Thanks everyone. I'm very excited to get into this field. Good luck to you as well.