where are the "top" glaucoma fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmmaaaaahhhhhh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I have already more or less established that I want to pursue a glaucoma fellowship. It's challenging to find information on relative 'rankings' of fellowships, and of course this makes sense given how different programs provide different training and experiences. I know that fellowship quality isn't necessarily tied to institutional prestige.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anybody who has gone through this process has any input on what are generally considered 'top' glaucoma training programs in the US and abroad- particularly those focused on more 'traditional' glaucoma approaches. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Glaucoma fellowships are very much tied to the reputation of the glaucoma faculty. Often, it might be just one or two well known faculty. Of course, the general reputation of the residency can help boost the glaucoma fellowship's reputation.

It honestly depends on what you're looking for. It's much tougher to rank fellowship programs than it is residency programs in my opinion. Different glaucoma fellowships are good for different purposes - some are very "traditional," some have much more of an anterior segment approach, etc. There are very few (if any) that do it all well.

Reactions: 1 user
Basically comes down to:

lots of MIGS vs. lots of trabs

Reactions: 1 user