Where are we at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does the interview selection process work?

I have been on a couple of interviews, but I have not heard anything from most of the schools that I applied to for a couple of months.

Are the schools currently selecting August MCATers or are they still reviewing all files?

I am very happy for the interviews that I received and am just curious if its game over at this point?

Could anyone who applied last year explain how the interview selection process works in context with time? Is it still possible for me to receive interviews?

Or a better way to ask...Where are we at in the interview cycle? Late? Middle? Early?

I know this is a weird year so I'm just looking for some opinions

Members don't see this ad.

i think that we are very early in the process.

It is still very early in the process, especially with all the AMCAS problems this year. Schools usually interview through March, and I bet many will go later because everything is behind schedule. I only had 2 med school interviews, and they were both in February. Generally, schools pick the applicants with the strongest numbers and interview them first, then go down the line. Applying to med school is all about WAITING. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Amitha726,

thanks for sharing that info! i haven't received an interview yet and have been in a real panic.

Originally posted by Amitha726:
•Applying to med school is all about WAITING. Good luck!•

Waiting's like 90% of the stress in this darn process.

It's EXTREMELY early! The posters on this board tend to give people complexes with all their early interviews...most people aren't like that right now.