1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are we at?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Loki, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Loki

Loki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How does the interview selection process work?

I have been on a couple of interviews, but I have not heard anything from most of the schools that I applied to for a couple of months.

Are the schools currently selecting August MCATers or are they still reviewing all files?

I am very happy for the interviews that I received and am just curious if its game over at this point?

Could anyone who applied last year explain how the interview selection process works in context with time? Is it still possible for me to receive interviews?

Or a better way to ask...Where are we at in the interview cycle? Late? Middle? Early?

I know this is a weird year so I'm just looking for some opinions

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i think that we are very early in the process.

4. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It is still very early in the process, especially with all the AMCAS problems this year. Schools usually interview through March, and I bet many will go later because everything is behind schedule. I only had 2 med school interviews, and they were both in February. Generally, schools pick the applicants with the strongest numbers and interview them first, then go down the line. Applying to med school is all about WAITING. Good luck!

5. sjordan

sjordan Member
    7+ Year Member

Amitha726,

thanks for sharing that info! i haven't received an interview yet and have been in a real panic.

6. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

Waiting's like 90% of the stress in this darn process.

7. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

It's EXTREMELY early! The posters on this board tend to give people complexes with all their early interviews...most people aren't like that right now.