Where can I Apply Although Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frostycarebear

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to decide where to apply for MD medical schools after having taking the MCAT for the 2nd time. I know I am going to be a late applicant so I was wondering where I should apply with these credentials and still have a good chance of being accepted?

GPA: 3.88
MCAT: 510
Extracurricular:
College cheerleader/mascot

Leadership:
Assistant Director of a refugee soccer league
Cancer Kid Camp counselor
Head gymnastics coach
Religious missionary for 2 years in Peru
Vice-President of a college gymnastics club team
Various Religious positions

Medical/non-medical Service:
Weekly Spanish Interpreter at a free medical clinic 4 hrs/week
Weekly volunteer at a major hospital 2 hrs/week
Some Shadowing hours ~ 20
Self-created and delivered clothes donation for Peruvian children

Research:
Foot and Ankle Research lab assistant (1year)

Awards:
Outstanding student award in college
Multiple half and full tuition academic scholarships

I am not URM, and am a Utah resident
Medical School of most interest: University of Utah

Members don't see this ad.

you should post this in the 'what are my chances' thread section. it's in the wrong forum, so you may not get a lot of replies.

My advice would be to apply only to Utah and if you don't get in, save your money and time to apply again next year. The only school I would highly discourage you from applying to this cycle is Tulane, as they have given out all of their interview invitations, but your application will be affected everywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
My advice would be to apply only to Utah and if you don't get in, save your money and time to apply again next year. The only school I would highly discourage you from applying to this cycle is Tulane, as they have given out all of their interview invitations, but your application will be affected everywhere.

How do you know that Tulane gave out all its interviews already?

How do you know that Tulane gave out all its interviews already?

I’m an alum, I interviewed there last year, and they give out all interview invitations by Labor Day every year. It’s just how they work. The only ones left will be if people withdraw which I’m sure will happen but very minimally. Tulane has the fastest admissions process in the country. It is what they are notorious for.