Where can I find a professional application advisor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevin0424

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

We all know how frustrated a reapplicant can possibly be; therefore, I want to find a professional application advisor/ organization to help me alleviate the pain, plus correct the mistake from my failure. Is there a trustworthy source that you recommend? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Med Edits. I had a few red flags and received 13 interviews and 5 acceptances. Highly recommend them if you feel you need professional services.

Bro just email med schools that you applied to. Just say you applied, didnt get invited/waitlisted, went over your app, identified areas of improvement, and then ask if its possible to do a a file review in order to see if you're on the right track in terms of reapplying. I got almost all my state schools to do a review that way.

Most schools just make you attend a workshop/seminar/webinar first before doing a full consult. You have to pay a minuscule amount when compared to professional services (like 40 dollars to register) and some are even free. Plus you hear directly from the adcom

Unless of course the school specifically says they dont do reviews in their email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Med Edits. I had a few red flags and received 13 interviews and 5 acceptances. Highly recommend them if you feel you need professional services.
Thank you so much for your recommendations. May I please ask how do they charge?

Hi all:

We all know how frustrated a reapplicant can possibly be; therefore, I want to find a professional application advisor/ organization to help me alleviate the pain, plus correct the mistake from my failure. Is there a trustworthy source that you recommend? Thank you.
Check out Ryan Gray’s podcast The Premed Years.
He does advising and app reviews, he’s also written a couple of books about personal statements, interviews, etc. I don’t know what he charges for advising, but I remember it being pretty reasonable. Even if you don’t use his service, his podcast and the FB group he runs are solid resources.

Reactions: 1 user
OP, I definitely agree with @Spectreman. Check out that podcast, tons of free helpful info. If you still need help, try to use those around you first. If you can ask a non-biased physician to read over your stuff that would also help. I was amazed at how differently things are perceived by them. I believe Next Step Test Prep offers some application related services but not 100% sure on that.