where can i find minimum dat score for schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kies89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would like to see minimum dat for each sections

but some school websites do not have requirement

and some has requirement for AA

where can i find each individual school's dat section requirement? (especiaslly RC)

Members don't see this ad.

To the best of my knowledge, there isn´t a standard for dental schools to set a minimum on DAT scores of any section. Or rather, there isn´t a set in stone requirement for scores at most schools. Please correct me if I´m wrong.

Typically they like to ¨suggest¨ a minimum on a few sections, often the AA or just ¨in any section a score lower than...¨, but more often than not the best clue/idea you´re going to get is either looking at the stats they provide on their last accepted class or what they recommend. Sometimes a school, as you say, will provide something more specific, like UOP does here for example:

Q: Are my Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores competitive?
A: Our incoming class averages are:
  • Academic average: 22
  • Perceptual ability: 21
  • Reading comprehension: 21
  • Quantitative reasoning: 19
  • Biology: 20
  • General chemistry: 21
  • Organic chemistry: 21
  • Total science: 21
Although our general minimum acceptable score is 17 on all scales, competitive scores this year were 20 and higher. If your scores are significantly lower than our class averages, we recommend to retake the Dental Admissions Test (DAT). There is a 90-day waiting period before you can retake the DAT. There is not a deadline to take the DAT, but preference for admission is given to students who provide DAT scores no later than September for the entering class of the following July.

If you can´t find something like that above on a school´s web site, my best suggestion is to directly call the school´s admission´s office and inquire politely.

You can also find good information statistically on the range (look at the lower end) of DAT scores in doc toothache´s thread and spreadsheet here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=901073

I wish I could help with the RC question, but it´s a difficult thing to pin down due to its specificity, lack of publically provided info, and the number of dental schools out there.

most schools all have the same minimum but if you get the minimun you still have a low chance cause ppl with high DAT scores are also competing for the seat.

Generally the minimum is usually 16 or 17. I would always shoot for atleast a 19 though.